Tuesday, May 30, 2006

What I've Learned...

Yet one more time, I have no idea what I am posting about, so I'm just posting my random thoughts. Boredom and a bit of (really good) beer will do that to you.

What did I learn this year so far? That sounds like fun; I think I will do that.

I learned that a cat will want you to pay attention to you when you are busy, but will be bored with you when you want to play with her. I learned that it feels good to be financially independent, even if it is in a small room of a house. I've learned that people can be more beautiful than you even imagined, especially when they are showing you what they fear is their worst side. I've learned that people can be uglier than you knew, especially when they have nothing but good intentions.

I've learned, yet again, that music is the best way to salve your mood, and is a more perfect companion to life than most anything. I've learned that what we hide inside of ourselves is hidden for a reason, that if we ever find it, we will be scared shitless by it.

I've learned that it is worth every ounce of scared, every shred of sanity, every ache and pain, to go that step, to throw yourself into that fiery abyss of your soul and learn every corner of your heart intimately. I've learned that it hurts. But I've also learned that it is real, and that it is a beautiful feeling when all is said and done, and through it all you are the same person. You just know yourself better.

I've learned that you can find friends where least expected, in people you would never have expected. I've learned that friends are priceless, and worth everything. I've learned that life is full of risk, and to not take a risk is to not live. I've learned that alcohol, while fun from time to time, is not an answer to anything, and only makes things worse. I've learned that the cutest little dog can melt your heart and drive you crazy in the same day. I've learned that love will take you to the ends of the earth, and the ends of your sanity.

And, most important, I've learned that it is all worth it. Don't give up, no matter what the odds. There is someone out there who cares.

Love,
Laurel Raven

3 Comments:

Blogger Laurel Raven said...

Damn. I'm glad I wrote that when I was only at a half bottle. I don't think I would be coherant enough now, or I would say something too...over the top?

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 8:03:00 PM  
Blogger Chuck fka: Meanie said...

Laurel: it downz yike u aw feewin bettow now an me hopz whut u wote iz twu... U hav a fwend in me an u dan ahwaz downt on me tu do wite bi u! Thuh wowld iz fow ov fwendz u duzt hav to xploh an fin duh wite wunz. if u wantz a babbee dwagun foe yo saof den duzt wizh weow hawd an duh dwagun weow dum. itz fun hain a babbee dwagun awownd. me weow bwog abowtz it doon on me bwog.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 6:47:00 AM  
Blogger Chuck fka: Meanie said...

Hi Laurel! Dum vizit me dum dime on me bwog! Me mizz u!

Friday, June 02, 2006 9:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home